Be At Peace

Be At Peace
Cause Joy!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

"We Are Very Familiar With Christianity and Judaism."

This is my next comment on the learning session about Islam, ("submission"), and Muslims, ("one who submits"). Those are the definitions found in the little book entitled, Answering ISLAM: by "nadira", walid fares, james white and robert reymond. They chose not to capitalize their own names so I am honoring their style.

  • At the seminar, during a question answer time, I ask if there was another class going on in which the Christians and Jews act as the teachers and the Muslims are there to learn about them? The professor leading the class said,"we are not here to learn about theology, we are here to reach an understanding of each other." I am all for reaching an understanding - agreement - if I can know what they stand for.
  • Anxious to reply to my question, one of our guests spoke up and said that, "the Quran speaks a great deal about the Christians and the Jews so Muslims do not need to attend such a class." Does that sound like an openness to learn about Christians and Jews? Or, "don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up"
  • Another guest spoke up and said, "I am very familiar with the Christian religion. I have recently converted from Christianity to Islam." In my opinion, he is in great need of such a class as I had suggested.
  • "Extremist" Islam was used in yesterday's post on this subject, but I would like to change that. My definition of 'extremist,' not the news media, is someone that is very much involved in something - religion, sports, love, fishing, golf, etc. - and this is my post, so I can use my definition. I would prefer to think of the true peace loving and freedom loving Muslims as 'extreme,' and the Muslim terrorists as 'radical.'
  • A radial Islam believer has, in the words of one of the guest, "hijacked not only planes on 9/11, they have hijacked a religion." Well said. Radicals of any nature are not good, especially "free radicals."
Frankie says if you are interested in learning something more about Islam and some of it's claims, that is a good first step. The next step is to take action. This is one of the most important things you can pursue in your world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment